Sunday, June 30, 2013

Choppy




So I recently cut off more than half of my hair. I have approximately more than a foot to donate but I haven't decided exactly where yet. It was something I have been wanting to do for a while. The length looks so good on the likes of Alexa Chung and Freja beha erichsen but once I discovered the blog Gary Pepper Vintage I fell in love. Nicole warne is basically my style idol and the cut won me over. I do the winged liner everyday and everything, but that actually started before I found her. The actual experience at the salon was utterly liberating. Everyone was so shocked that I would cut away my long tresses and they all screamed "no!"as my hairstylist, Kimberly, performed the deed. To be honest, I had to keep myself from giggling! I was so sure of my decision that I was laughing at everyone else who told me it wouldn't look good. Not in a mean way, just the kind of way in which it was a symbol of my own confidence. Confirmation from others or not, I was going to live for myself. I have hid behind the length for so long, truly believing that I wouldn't look pretty without it. But I understand more than ever that as long as I am pretty to myself no one can tell me different. Well they can but just smile at them and maybe kill them with a little kindness. When I can back to school, the reaction I got was overwhelming. People would stop me telling me that they loved it or it looked so good; I know the reason why might have to do with a little self assurance boost. So ladies, I hope you all decide to make your best accessory a glowing smile! 



No comments:

Post a Comment