Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mornin' Glory




I went birding today. 

Not something I would actually do on my own. One of my best friends is an avid birder however, and  I thought I would give it a try because he likes it. We looked through plots of tamarisks (pictured in the first photo) that were used as wind breaks for a park and some crops. We saw yellow warblers, townsend warblers, some bushtits (I giggled inappropriately in my head at this name), and one other species that I cannot recall. Not a very lucky day, as he hadn't seen the more uncommon warblers we were looking for. I couldn't get any pictures of them either, for the tamarisks didn't allow much light to get through and the birds were too fidgety for me to locate them long enough. I don't really have a passion for birds, but I am always open to learning about wildlife. Spending time outdoors with a good friend in the warm early morning sun is also a treat in itself. I really appreciated just walking along a fairly empty road, listening the the chirpy shenanigans of the birds. It was so very peaceful and calming. I don't even mind that my sandals and feet got a little muddy, but that is my bad for poor judgement in footwear for the activity. I am happy I finally went birding with my friend though, as he is leaving to go somewhere for a long while. I guess I will dedicate this post to him, good luck, I will miss ya, but look out for my letters! 

Going to college and all, I am bound to make new friends. I really want to try and stay in touch with a select few though. Just people who love me inside and out, and I the same with them. So here is to the new and staying in touch with the old, let us never lose each other in the journey called life.


~


Also, in honor of this day and its significance to myself & fellow Americans, I am so thankful that I am alive and got to savor the quiet of this morning. Thirteen years ago was definitely a different story for everyone. Rest in peace to those who lost their lives on 9/11 and to those in the conflict that followed after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment