Friday, November 2, 2012

November Spice

       It is finally starting to feel like fall here in California. I know because when I wore sandals to school the other day my toes almost fell off! Fall is swiftly surpassing summer as my favorite season. Most likely because all of my peers have been driving me crazy in their skimpy Brandy Melville summer ensembles, but my staunch abhorrence of the brand would be enough to fill an entirely different post.

       On a better note, fall has always given off such a cool homey vibe, and what better way to achieve this than to bake cookies and drink tea with your mother? I obviously can't wait for Christmas either seeing as I used Christmas tree cookie cutters (along with crescent moons), but hey they're better than plain ole circles! I did however use some autumnal flavors with their being Nutmeg Maple Butter Cookies (recipe courtesy of the blog Smitten Kitchen - I'm a huge fan). The recipe renders a lot of cookies, but my family, being Filipino, can never eat in moderation, so naturally we polished them off pretty quickly. You also have the option of freezing them to save for later, but I would probably forget. I hope you all have had a wonderful start to November, and outfit posts should be up in a week or two!













Recipe:
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2011/12/nutmeg-maple-butter-cookies/


No comments:

Post a Comment