Monday, December 3, 2012

Beachy Serene




Jacket: Nordstrom ~ Tank: Urban Outfitters (of course its a fuschia-y magenta) ~ Jeans: Target ~ Flats: H&M


  I love going to the beach during the winter time. Last year my family went non stop over winter break because my sister who now lives on the east coast for most of the year missed it so much. My mom had to run a few errands in Ventura after school so I went with her. As we were heading home, I saw the ocean and the sun and the sand and I told her it would be nice to go to the beach right now. To my surprise, she proceeded to the nearest exit and pulled up in the parking lot of the beach she used to take us all the time as children. It seemed like we were in the middle of nowhere. We kicked our shoes off and I wiggled my toes in the sand. Something about the quietness of the sea's company with a light breeze to relieve our worries just made me feel at peace. We reminisced about the many times we spent there, and she told me that often times we would come at lunch and not leave until sunset. Those were the good ole days, where time was slow and sweet and no one was rushing around with a thousand things to do. It makes me so happy that I live here; how lucky I am have this place right around the corner. So we decided that we should go every Monday after school, or at least try to, to just relax and take time away from all the things that we get worked up over. Being a true romantic (not the lovey dovey kinda, although I can be, I mean the kind related to romanticism), nature really has a remarkable effect on my disposition. So once I get my license, whenever I need a pick me up I might just stop by the beach or retail therapy doesn't hurt either. Well I hope everyone has a good start to their week, and if you're feeling stressed or blue, let nature ease your mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment