Monday, January 7, 2013

Sunny Side Up








I did not want to wake up this morning. But the Earth decided to keep on revolving, and my alarm went off at 6:40 a.m., leaving me with fifty minutes to get ready for school (I like to cut it close). Oh winter break how you will be missed with your 1 p.m. wake up calls and leisurely trips to the mall. So in the dark of morning I decide to don this ray of sunshine to help brighten my outlook on the day. Mind over matter right? The fact that I had a breakfast of a warm croissant and almond milk before going to school might have helped too, because when i don't eat in the morning I turn into a cranky/sleepy pessimist. The result not only made me a happier person, but I managed to make people smile about the brightness of my sweater. I was deemed "the sun in a sea of gray." What a great citizen I am, lifting peoples' spirits through my outfit choices. So a tip to those who aren't in the best of moods: put something extra special on that will bring a smile to your face, and it might do the same for others. Let's call it The Sunshine Effect. See whose day you can brighten even if you aren't wearing a citrusy sweater.


Sweater: Forever 21 ~ Jeans: Target ~ Boots: Vince Camuto ~ Bracelet: Urban Outfitters ~ Ring: Francesca's ~ Nail Polish: Rage by Orly

Thank you to my sister for taking my photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment