Thursday, January 24, 2013

Transcendentalist Gray








In Ralph Waldo Emerson's Nature, he states that nature can fit your every mood. Earlier this week I asked a friend how their day had been and he sighed, stopped to think, and replied with one word: melancholy. That really caught me off guard, because in that moment, I too, realized that melancholy just about summed it up right then and there. Friendships have been tested, and for the most part, everything is back to the way it was before. Seems like the natural world could tell something was brewing and turned gray before it all started. The heat and sunshine were nice while it lasted, just a taste of better things to come I suppose. The rain and clouds are here for a little longer, so I thought I might as well dress the part. I am really loving layering lots of cool neutrals, it is a more sophisticated departure from my adored autumn essentials, ivory and beige. These colors also give me a more solemn  and powerful attitude which I am going to use to take charge with in the new semester. The time has come to push my sleeves up and get down to work, and I am ready for it. In fact, I relish it. True success is the satisfaction you get with the work you have done. I am switching gears and investing in myself because I am one thing I can always count on.


American Apparel Jacket ~ Zara Shirt ~ 7 for all Mankind Jeans ~ Forever 21 Headband ~ Urban Outfitters Zodiac Necklace ~ American Eagle Ring ~ Report Boots


Photos taken by Nicole Duong

No comments:

Post a Comment