Saturday, August 17, 2013

Geographer at the Getty








The Getty Museum does this free concert series about once a month during the summertime. Last year my sister and I wanted to see Nick Waterhouse perform, but we didn't know about how busy it would get. So this year we were definitely more prepared and came about three hours before, but even doing that we still had to park in a separate lot across the street. It was a really nice summer outing to a museum for a few hours. Then we grabbed some sandwiches at the museum cafe and staked out spots on a low wall that we would be able to stand on later. At the time we got there Geographer was doing their sound check, and well just from that I was giddy with excitement. They are so incredibly amazing live, and they played most of my favorites that night. I love LA so much, there's so many things to see and do. More on my thoughts about the music in a new series I am going to start! I definitely need to go to the Getty Villa soon, I haven't been since I was in middle school, and it is another one of my favorites. Museums are so underrated. I love expanding my knowledge in every way and art is such a universal way of getting to understand other cultures. I actually think the perfect date would be a museum and a meal. Keep note boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment